Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 3 recap

Sigh. I'm really struggling with food. I make good choices throughout the day and then screw it up starting late afternoon/ early evening.
Breakfast: Green smoothie and FiberOne Bar
Lunch: Chinese out with a classmate. I had a piece of baked tilapia, steamed rice, and some chinese chicken and broccoli (mostly broccoli). I also had 3 pieces of a California roll and 1 fried wonton (my friend wanted me to try it as I had never had one.) I had some orange sections and a little pineapple too, plus my fortune cookie.
Snacks: McDonald's apple pie, some chocolate animal crackers, and another Fiber One bar.
Dinner: We made sub sandwiches. I "scooped" my bread (not for the calorie savings, I just like it better that way) and had genoa salami, provolone, lettuce and tomato with balsamic dressing on Italian bread. I also had some Ruffles chips and some french onion dip.
This is all bad enough, but then while watching American Idol I remembered that my next door neighbor had doughnuts. And I went over there and ate TWO with a cup of milk.

So I really REALLY sucked with the food, but I'm going to try to balance that out today. I was ashamed to even write that all down, but I guess that its a step in the right direction that I did? On the plus side, I did Day 3 of the Shred and walked around a lot.

Today so far, I've had my smoothie and some high fiber oatmeal and a large glass of water. I'm going to check in tonight and report how I did with food today, so hopefully that will give me some motivation to do better!!

P.S. I changed the blog layout because this one seems to look better with the weight loss tickers. If you guys don't like it, feel free to change it back or to whatever you want...its just a suggestion to fit the tickers in!

2 comments:

  1. Correction:
    You didn't REALLY suck on food. You bailed after dinner. And that is your issue right now.

    I am the same way -- I just prowl around my kitchen, looking for something snacky. I am usually craving something sweet.

    Make a plan.
    How about making up a batch of chocolate pudding to keep in the fridge? Very low-cal, but can be dressed up and yummified with cool-whip.

    Or grapes, or some other sweet fruit to snack on at night.

    Microwave popcorn has helped me sometimes too, when it is more of a salt thing that I am craving.

    You are doing better than you were 4 days ago, right?
    Right.
    So, own the mistakes, and remember the successes, and move forward.

    *hugs*
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-- and I like the new layout. AND I figured out how to get our names up at the top of the post so we can see who wrote it without have to scroll down to the bottom. :)
    Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete